Guacamole with Bacon and Sunflower Seeds2014-03-17
- Course: Appetizers, Snacks
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 30m
Lookout… guacamole has never tasted better! Adding crispy bacon to this guacamole recipe adds so much flavor. Serve this guacamole with tortilla chips or add a spoonful to your tacos.
- Handful of cilantro (rinse well and pat dry)
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped (remove stem and seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tomato, chopped (remove seeds)
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- salt to taste
Fry 6 slices of bacon until crispy. Set aside.
Finely chop the onion, garlic, cilantro and serrano pepper and place them in a mortar (or bowl). Add some of the lime juice (you will add the rest later), and mash everything with the pestle.
Scoop the avocados into the mortar (or bowl) with the onion, garlic, cilantro and serrano. Mash coarsely with the pestle (or use a potato masher if you don't have a mortar and pestle).
Add some of the chopped tomato to the mix (save some chopped pieces for the top of the dip). Add salt to taste and mix all together.
Cut the bacon in small pieces and add to the top. Add the rest of the tomatoes and sunflower seeds. Squeeze a bit more lime and serve immediately. Simply delicious, enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe